Posts tagged backup
To make sure you safe gaurd your data backup regularily to an external hard drive at a minimum. We recommend the use of an external hard drive and an online data store.
Transcend’s StoreJet 35 Ultra features an efficient active cooling system that includes a silent 80mm high-flow fan to keep your drive running cool and stable. The StoreJet 35 Ultra not only makes external storage easier, but also more productive with its bundled StoreJet™ elite software that offers intelligent backup scheduling, security, and file compression functions.
From R 250 for the Case you can choose the hard drive size you need – click here to order.
An online backup facility will make sure that you don’t lose your most critical data – we are offering a free 14 day trial.
More and more clients are calling on us to assist them with data recovery due to hard drive failure, server crashes, USB memory sticks that get drowned etc. The recovery of their data is expensive due to the lost time both in waiting for the data and having the data recovered let alone the fact that at times full data recovery is not possible – very scary scenario.
Things we know:
- eletronic hardware will fail – it’s just the when we are not sure of.
- Notebooks/PCs/Servers can be stolen / lost or have accidental damage.
- The data or information on these devices are more valuable than equipment it’s stored on
Things we can do:
- have a data recovery plan in place even if it’s a 1 page document stating the obvious – (eg Backup, backup, backup!)
- Backup, backup, backup!
- Have an off-site copy of your data – stored at home, away from the office or using services such as our online back service.
- Use optical media for archiving purposes – once you’ve done your year end and need to store the data else where, back up to your hard drive, make a couple copies to DVD/CD and keep the data in fire proof safe.
- If data recovery is required do a little research into the company that will recovery the data; ask questions about turn arround times, how will they get the data back to you, what is that companies recovery rate in % etc. We use Intratec Data Recovery due to their high rate of recoveries and good service.